Volunteer at Hopscotch 2018
We’re looking for enthusiastic, outgoing volunteers to help make Hopscotch memorable for more than incredible music. Volunteers are the face of Hopscotch, contributing greatly to the overall fan experience and efficiency of the festival. If you are interested in participating this year, please read the guidelines below before applying. Thank you!
Volunteers will receive a special Hopscotch t-shirt and free admission to the festival when they do not work.
- Volunteers must be 18 years or older.
- Volunteers will be expected to perform one service session over the weekend.
- Volunteers receive no monetary compensation for their services.
- Volunteers must be dependable and punctual.
- Volunteers will be dismissed for tardiness, being under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or improper behavior.
- We do not have VIP, backstage, or production positions available for volunteers. All jobs, such as door staff and festival greeters, will fulfill “front of house” duties.
- Volunteers are required to attend one pre-festival training session (1 hour). Incomplete submissions will not be considered. All volunteer submissions are due July 25. Please e-mail Derek Johnson, our volunteer coordinator, with any questions here: email@example.com. Please do not send volunteer questions to any other address.
How will I know if I have been chosen as a 2018 Hopscotch Music Festival volunteer?
Please make sure the e-mail address you use to apply is valid. Once you have confirmed your shift you are all set. If your application is denied for any reason, you will be notified ASAP. On August 1 you should receive an email with information about training sessions.
Will there be any training?
There will be volunteer training sessions prior to the festival. Volunteers will be required to attend one of the three training sessions offered. Typically these training sessions take place in Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill in order to best accommodate the daily schedules of our volunteers throughout the Triangle. During the festival, you will work under the supervision of Derek Johnson, our volunteer coordinator.
Can I request when I work?
Volunteers will be able to select their shifts at the time of application—these are offered on a first come, first served basis. Venue assignments, however, will be chosen by the volunteer coordinator. You will receive your venue assignment at check-in.
Where should we park?
We are not able to pay for your parking during your assigned shift; however, there is an abundance of parking decks in the area, many of which are free after 7 PM.
Do the volunteer day passes to attend shows cost anything?
There is a $50 deposit for each pass you use on the day you do not work (2 days =$100). Only checks or credit/debit cards accepted no cash. Your deposit will not be charged if you complete your assigned volunteer shift.