HOPSCOTCH FOOD DRIVE
Our 2017 Hopscotch food drive features Raleigh artist Paul Friedrich who’ll have a life-sized Onion Head Monster and other characters on-site in Wristband City and at the Lenoir Street Party. Bring a non-perishable food item for the can sculpture and art installation and you’ll get $5 off festival apparel and a chance to win VIP passes for next year. All donations go to the Inter-Faith Food Shuttle for school pantries and BackPack Buddies. Raleigh-based, not-for-profit, Coastal Credit Union is making all of this possible.
HOPSCOTCH ICE CREAM COMPETITION
Hopscotch’s inaugural Lenoir Street Party will feature an ICE CREAM competition held Saturday, September 9 from 1 – 5 p.m. at Gate 3 of Red Hat Amphitheater. The event is sponsored by the Carolina Hurricanes and their Homegrown Series which focuses on local artists, apparel designers, chefs, and musicians – many of whom are also involved with Hopscotch.
Jam Ice cream
Kristen Baughman, founder of Tabletop Media Group and Visit Raleigh Food Blogger
Johanna Kramer, NC based Travel and Culinary writer
Mark Arsen, founder of Radio Free Raleigh
LENOIR STREET PARTY EXTRAVAGANZA will run all weekend, Friday: 5 – 9 p.m., Saturday: noon – 9:30 p.m., Sunday: noon – 9:30 p.m. At this party you’ll find:
- The Makers Market hosted by Raleigh Makers Market featuring 25 artists and makers
- Paws in the City pet adoption with Tito’s Handmade Vodka sponsoring the first 10 adoptions through their Vodka for Dog People program
- Inter-Faith Food Shuttle where we’re offering $5 off festival apparel and a chance to win 2018 VIP passes with a non-perishable food item donation. This food drive will also feature a life-sized cartoon art installation and can sculpture by Paul Friedrich, all sponsored by Coastal Credit Union.
- Beer & wine, spirits sampling
- Ice cream competition on Saturday from 1 – 5 p.m. in conjunction with The Carolina Hurricanes Homegrown Series featuring local artists, chefs, and musicians
- Interactive tents by Cue, Blue Buffalo, Fireball, Swisher, Spire, JBL, Ovi, Larry’s Cold Brew
- Food trucks including: Kerala Curry Express, Dusty Donuts, Medley, Chirba Chirba, Cousins Maine Lobster, Oak City Fish and Chips