From the beginning, the Hopscotch day party offerings have been a favorite of fans and bands alike—a locally focused afternoon complement to the official festival, which runs for three evenings across 12 venues in downtown Raleigh. The parties are a culmination of coordination between venues, artists, promoters, and supporters; each want more people to enjoy the revelry that is Hopscotch weekend.
For the first time ever Hopscotch’s official programming on Saturday and Sunday will begin in the afternoon leading into our main stage shows at Red Hat Amphitheater. These shows will run in conjunction with our Lenoir Street Party at Gate 3 of Red Hat Amphitheater:
Saturday, September 9: Zensofly (2:15 pm), Flock of Dimes (3:15 pm), Sir The Baptist (4:15 pm), Arrow Benjamin (5:15 pm), Tei Shi (7:30 pm), Solange (9:00 pm)
Sunday, September 10: No One Mind (1:15 pm), Jenny Besetzt (2:00 pm), Cloud Nothings (3:00 pm), Mary Timony Plays Helium (4:15), Mount Moriah (5:20 pm), Cass McCombs Band (6:30 pm), Angel Olsen (8:00 pm)
Many additional parties are free and open to the public. Please support Hopscotch by buying your VIP, GA, 1-Day, or a Friday/Saturday Main Stage pass here: http://hopscotchmusicfest.com/tickets/
LENOIR STREET PARTY EXTRAVAGANZA will run all weekend, Friday: 5 – 9 p.m., Saturday: noon – 9:30 p.m., Sunday: noon – 9:30 p.m. At this party you’ll find:
- The Makers Market hosted by Raleigh Makers Market featuring 25 artists and makers
- Paws in the City pet adoption with Tito’s Handmade Vodka sponsoring the first 10 adoptions through their Vodka for Dog People program
- Inter-Faith Food Shuttle where we’re offering $5 off festival apparel and a chance to win 2018 VIP passes with a non-perishable food item donation. This food drive will also feature a life-sized cartoon art installation and can sculpture by Paul Friedrich, all sponsored by Coastal Credit Union.
- Beer & wine, spirits sampling
- Ice cream competition on Saturday from 1 – 5 p.m. in conjunction with The Carolina Hurricanes Homegrown Series featuring local artists, chefs, and musicians
- Interactive tents by Cue, Blue Buffalo, Fireball, Swisher, Spire, JBL, Ovi, Larry’s Cold Brew
- Food trucks including: Kerala Curry Express, Dusty Donuts, Medley, Chirba Chirba, Cousins Maine Lobster, Oak City Fish and Chips
Additional day party info: http://hopscotchmusicfest.com/news/hopscotch-day-party-series-2017/